Vocalist.org archive

From:  Clark_Diane <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Wed Feb 5, 2003  10:04 pm
Subject:  Pencil in teeth

It's not like the rose in Carmen's teeth! Have the student hold the end of a
pencil or pen in his teeth at the side of his mouth. This makes him unable to
open the jaw, so therefore the vowels have to be made clear by finding the
appropriate resonance space inside the mouth/throat area. This requires the
stretching open of those inner spaces (palate up, tongue down, etc.). This can
work well throughout the range until he reaches the very high range, where he
will need to have the jaw slightly more open.

---
Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Dept. of Music, Rhodes College
2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
901-843-3782; fax 843-3789
dclark@r... http://www.rhodes.edu

22634 Re: Pencil in teethDean FH Macy  Thu  2/13/2003
emusic.com