Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 4, 2003  9:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Natural sore throat suggestions?

Dear Elizabeth:
In the absence of someone's Mother, try Healthy Choice Chicken & Noodle or
Healthy Choice Chicken & Rice! BOTH taste like someone's Mom put them in the
can!
If you DON'T have to sing immediately, hot mint tea with honey (from your area)
and freshly squeezed lemon with a liberal dash of Black Label Jack Daniel's
Whiskey will be just the kind of thing you'd want to nurse down before bed. I
always do melatonin and chlorella when dealing with flu/cold/sore throat.
Melatonin does practically everything but windows and children's choirs! You
will FEEL like you're sleeping in your Mom's guest bedroom the first night!
We all know about zinc/echinacea lozenges. They work for some folks. Slippery
elm lozenges are good. I used to purchase Valda Pastilles (used by Jenny
Lind!) at Caswell-Massey, but they've not had them in years! DElightful little
jelly beans that would slice any sore throat in two!
I have been told by a bass who administers a nursing home that under the
"flu/cold/sore throat" umbrella, singers would be best advised to avoid orange
juice and substitute any of the cranberry juice coctails or grape juice. This
bass took great care of Kate Smith ("God Bless America!") in her last days and
I've found his advise to be flawless!
Hope that helps! FEEL BETTER!
Ed
PHO! (Vietnamese beef noodle soup. Don't forget the bean sprouts.)

Or, if there are no Vietnamese restaurants near you, go for chicken soup,
preferably made by someone's mother.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22419 Re: Natural sore throat suggestions?Leslie Christopher  Wed  2/5/2003
emusic.com