Vocalist.org archive

From:  thesinatraguy@a...
Date:  Tue Feb 4, 2003  2:12 pm
Subject:  SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILY

Hi group,

I thought I would give new singers some excellent advice
that helped me early on in my career. This advice was so
excellent that eliminated my fear of singing any high note.
After using this method I couldn't wait to get to the high
note.

In practice, you need to first isolate the high note and practice
singing it cold turkey all by itself. Yes, from a cold start just
sing the word in the key that you are afraid of. Keep practicing
this over and over until that note sounds good all by itself. If you
can hit the note then this shouldn't be a problem. You must keep
practicing this until you can perfectly sing the note from a dead start.
It might take you a week to perfect this. After you have mastered
the one note you can go to the next level.

Now, start singing the verse that leads into the high note. When
you get to the high note I want you to stop. Now isolate the high
note and sing it all by itself. Pretty soon, you will be able to quit
stopping, and you will be able to flow right into the high note with
ease. Not only will your fear go away, but you will be so confident
about singing high notes that you can't wait to sing one. This
absolutely positively works!

I was absolutely blessed to get this advice, and I hope it takes many
years of anguish from some singers out there.

Take care,

Steve Podhouser
Verdi Baritone and now Sinatra singer

copyright 2003 Steve Podhouser

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22365 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  2/4/2003
22389 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYSharon Szymanskisszymanski27514 Tue  2/4/2003
22390 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  2/4/2003
22421 Jaw Dropping WAS: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYTako Oda <toda@m...>takooda Wed  2/5/2003
22397 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYJamestranquil2404 Wed  2/5/2003
22391 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYAxwell@a...  Tue  2/4/2003
22405 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYMargaret L. Harrisonpeggyliebman Wed  2/5/2003
22417 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Wed  2/5/2003
22418 Re: SINGING HIGH NOTES EASILYthesinatraguy@a...thesinatraguy Wed  2/5/2003
emusic.com