Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kay Fisher" <engelein@a...>
Date:  Mon Feb 3, 2003  9:01 pm
Subject:  Re: Glorifying Prostitutes, was Re: [vocalist] "ladies of the night"

Forgetting the morals for the minute and getting back to the original question.
There is a song called "unexpected song" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's show "song
and dance" which has a relatively high tessitura compared to most musical songs.
Memory, for me, is one of the classic belters. You might also consider "Maybe
this time" from Caberet or "Hernando's Hodeaway" from the pyjama game (more
middle-range). Possibly also "turn back oh man" from Godspell - this one is
however VERY low.

HTH

Kay