Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Audrey Gamez <letmusiclive4ever@a...
Date:  Tue Feb 4, 2003  1:36 am
Subject:  Summer Programs and German Arias...

Hello to everyone!

I am currently looking at summer programs for the first time and was
wondering if anyone had some feedback regarding programs they had
either heard of or attended, good or bad. As someone who has never
auditioned for these types of programs before, ANY information would
be appreciated. Please feel free to recommend any that might fit
someone of my experience (21-year old lyric Mezzo).

Also, I recently had a good friend of mine ask me if I knew of any
good German lyric mezzo arias as she needs to find one for a some
auditions she is considering. I have often reflected myself on the
lack, it seems, of arias in German for this fach and many auditions
require arias in all languages. Is there anything, short of the
obvious Orlofsky's aria in Die Fledermaus that anyone could recommend
for someone of about my age? Both my friend and I would like to have
some options as to some new German repertoire.

Thanks so much,
Audrey Gamez

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22371 Re: German Arias...Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Tue  2/4/2003
emusic.com