Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Feb 4, 2003  1:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Ladies of the Night

>From: Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [vocalist] Re: Ladies of the Night
>Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:04:17 -0800 (PST)
>

>We all have to remember that Violetta, Carmen and Dalila weren't exactly
>Sunday School Teachers...As for scantily clad classical singers, very few
>would actually be able to pull that off.

There's a new development near my nest called "Traviata Townhomes."
Obviously, the developer doesn't know what the name means! ;-D

BTW, Cio-Cio-San is a geisha, NOT a prostitute, although Puccini and his
librettists seem to have blurred the line a bit...

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"We got guns, they got guns, all God's chillun got guns!" -- The Marx
Brothers, "Duck Soup"

22356 Re: Ladies of the NightEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Tue  2/4/2003
emusic.com