Vocalist.org archive

From:  thesinatraguy@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 3, 2003  4:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "ladies of the night"

In a message dated 2/3/2003 7:54:56 AM Pacific Standard Time, szy@n...
writes:

> (Personally, I have a problem with the theme and would decline to
> participate - not that I'd expect anyone else to do the same. Why should
> an institution of learning be glorifying prostitutes, as if using a
> eupemism made it any less degrading?)

I agree and disagree with what you are saying. I live in Atlanta, and
the arts are really suffering here. One playhouse is using nudity in
their plays to keep audiences coming in. Sex does sell, and perhaps
we must do whatever it takes to keep the doors open. The last thing
people want to spend money on in a rough economy is the arts, so
why not do whatever it takes? As long as something doesn't go way
over the line then I am all for it.

Steve

emusic.com