Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Mon Feb 3, 2003  6:56 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] "ladies of the night"

(Personally, I have a problem with the theme and would decline to
participate - not that I'd expect anyone else to do the same. Why should
an institution of learning be glorifying prostitutes, as if using a
eupemism made it any less degrading?)

Funny,
Even though I am well aware of the euphemistic usage of the words,
that meaning didn't occur to me in the least when I responded. I was
thinking of songs that would have been sung about "the night" or in "the
night" in someway! I can't imagine a school condoning the other usuage,
unless it is a completely student-run production!

Sharon Szymanski
(Taught at a university for 7 years and so shouldn't be surprised at
anything by now!!!)

emusic.com