Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison" <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Feb 3, 2003  10:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "ladies of the night"

livinnlovinit@a... wrote:

> My school is doin a cabaret and the theme is "ladies of the night."
Does anyone know of any songs that fit this
description and fit my voice type better?

This isn't exactly what you're asking for but....do you think they might fit in
an opera aira? If so, the soprano aria from Puccini's La Rondine would work
(can't remember the title at the moment).

On actual cabaret style music, I think you could make Gershwin's "Someone to
Watch Over Me" work. Or Rodgers and Hart's "Bewitched" (I think that character
was an ex-"lady of the night").

(Personally, I have a problem with the theme and would decline to participate -
not that I'd expect anyone else to do the same. Why should an institution of
learning be glorifying prostitutes, as if using a eupemism made it any less
degrading?)

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22339 Re: "ladies of the night"Sharon Szymanskisszymanski27514 Mon  2/3/2003
emusic.com