Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Jun 7, 2000  4:13 pm
Subject:  Re: Aaaargh!, was:Re: [vocalist-temporary] crossing over

Speaking as someone who has sung a LOT of lieder, I must agree with you both.
Oddly enough, opera is my first love, but I spent all of last summer in Vienna
studying lieder with the likes of Ameling, Rudolf Janssen (pianist), Hans
Hotter, Helmut Deutsch (Pianist), Robert Holl, Walter Berry and Robert Tear.
And after that experience, I must say that lieder seems to me to be one of the
most difficult things one can do onstage, exactly because of the exposure. And
a good lieder singer can transport you to another realm of existence!!!!!! On
the other hand, an inexperienced or unintelligent or boring lieder singer can
put you to sleep in five seconds flat! I strive to be the former!

Lisa-Marie :-)
--

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:53:46
sopran wrote:

>In a message dated 6/6/00 2:39:00 PM, BLYTHE@B... writes:
>
><< I must leap to the defence of Elly Ameling and of Lieder generally! To
>hear EA sing Schumann's Widmung is to be... but of course tastes vary! >>
>
>John--
>
>Many people just never seem to develop a taste for lieder, although I
>personally can hardly imagine why.

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct

emusic.com