Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Wed Jan 29, 2003  6:01 pm
Subject:  Ben Heppner Med & Caution....

Dear Listers:

Please consult your physician before discontinuing any prescribed medication.
There might be a similar medication without the undesirable side effect. Here's
what I was able to learn from Ben Heppner's administrative assistant:

"I am spreading the word on his behalf.

Though I am not at liberty to mention the specific name of the drug Ben

was using, I can say that it was an "ace inhibitor" medication which is

used to control high blood pressure. One of the rare side effects of this

particular drug is the development of a thick mucous on the vocal cords

which causes the voice to crack at the most unpredictable moments.

When he stopped taking this medication, the mucous problem cleared up within a

couple of weeks and he has been singing clearly ever since."

Again, I encourage all Listers to talk with their physicians if

similar singing issues have been a problem for you!

Ed

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22250 Re: Ben Heppner Med & Caution....John Messmer, M.D.singdoc_1 Wed  1/29/2003
emusic.com