Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Wed Jan 29, 2003  8:51 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: The Language of singing

Sandra wrote<<<<<<<<<So let's hear it for teachers who keep learning and
keep faith in their
students.>>>>>>>>>>> Wow! ((((huge thunderous applause)))... thank you
for sharing your experience! I work with lots of adults and teens, some
of whom other teachers might term the "wounded" singer, but I always
have this naïve notion that I can "someday" help the singer achieve what
you have achieved... an audience who really does enjoy listening to the
voice. In my heart I know that it takes time, one little step at a
time, to unravel all the tension and inbedded habits, but sometimes I
think maybe I'm not teaching right because it doesn't happen faster for
some of these people. But, it DOES happen, if they stick with it. I
think I will print out your email and give it to any adult student who
feels discouraged that they are spending so much money for such a long
time. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading it.. I'm up too late.. this was
great!
Deanna

---

emusic.com