Vocalist.org archive

From:  "??????? ????????" <alexey-mihailov@m...>
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  9:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Sinatra singer suggestions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Naomi Gurt Lind" <naomi@n...>
To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 6:32 PM
Subject: [vocalist] Re: Sinatra singer suggestions

> >I wanted to get some opinions from you. I am a former
> >opera singer of twelve years who is completely changing
> >my act. I am a Verdi Baritone who has a similar
> >tone and sound to Sinatra, and I am trying to go full time
> >with a tribute act. I have the talent to take me wherever I
> >want to go, but I have a lot of opposition out there. The
> >Sinatra family hates impersonators, and they sue anyone
> >who uses the Sinatra name in their marketing; they even
> >sue the hotels in Las Vegas! I need some encouragement
> >to fight this battle and to go forward, and I also need some music
> >industry advice? I want some advice on how to market
> >an act to the highest possible level. I could get a lounge
> >act in las Vegas tomorrow, but I want to see if there is a higher
> >level out there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If I were you, I'd start out with the gig that's available (the
> Vegas) and see where it leads. Nobody starts at the top!
>
> Best of luck!
> Naomi
> www.naomigurtlind.net

Moscow
To the Art Director
January, 25, 2003

Dear mister the director!
My name - Alexey Mihajlov.
I would like to have an opportunity to be heard at the theatre for execution
of party Hermann In an opera " The Queen of spades ".
I, also, am ready to consider the problem on cooperation with the
professional manager of an opera.
It is sure in fruitful, creative cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

Alexey Mihajlov.

Resume

Full name: Mihajlov Alexey Anatol'evich
Year of birth: 1965
The birthplace: Ekaterinburg (former Sverdlovsk)
Residence: Moscow
Voice: tenor lirico-dramatic
Tel / fax : + 7- (095) - 462- 62- 59
e-mail : alexey-mihailov@m...

My creative biography is not absolutely usual.
I began to be engaged in opera singing be relative late - in 29 years.
My first teacher - the soloist of the Ekaterinburg opera theatre - Artyr
Zhilkin
Has noted my voice as " tenor di forza " with unusually bright timbre sated
with overtones.
I began to take lessons vocal in Sverdlovsk musical school it Thaikovsky, in
A.P.Zhilkina's class.
Was simultaneously accepted in theatre in group of supernumeraries.
In 1995 has moved to Moscow.
In 1996 was accepted in the Moscow Musical Academic theatre It
K.S.Stanislavsky and
Vl. I.Nemirovicha-Danchenko the soloist of choral ensemble.
In 1998 has abandoned theatre, having begun preparation for solo career.
In Russia in musical educational institutions there is an age qualification,
therefore vocal school
I received at private teachers (about what how many I do not regret). In
2001 I have acted on vocal faculty in the Moscow State University Cultures
and Arts (a class of professor Kuznetsov M.M.). Teachers characterize my
voice as the present, big opera voice.
Therefore my dream - is a present opera stage.

Repertoir

Operas:
"The Queen of Spades "- Hermann,
"Otello "- Otello,
" Carmen " - Jose,
" La Traviata" - Alfred,
"Eugeny Onegin" - Lensky,
" ?id? " - Radames*
"Il Travatore " - Manrico*

* - parties in work

Arias:

1 The Recitative and ?ria Canio ( Pagliacci)
2 Aria Verter ( Verter )
3 Aria Loris " "Feodor"
4 Cavatine prince " "Mermaid"
5 Romance Nemorino
6 Romance Vodemona ( Iolanta )
7 Aria Kavaradossi 1atto* ( Tosca)
8 Aria ??v?r?d?ssi 2 atto*( Tosca)
9 " Crying Federico ", "Arlezianca"
10 " Aria Rodolfo ", " Luiza Miller "
11 " The Second aria of prince Kalaf ", "Turandot"
12 " Aria Erecle " "Change"
13 " The Recitative and kavatina Vladimira Igorevicha " (Kniaz Igor)
14 " Fernando's Romance ", (" Favorita del Re . ", " Spirto gentil. ") (La
Faforita)
15 " The Stage and aria Rudolf " 1 atto. "Bohema"
16 " Ah si, ben mio. " "Di quella pira"( Atto lll)* ( Il Trovatore)

*The vocal material from the unit of "opera" in section of "aria" is not
specified.

*The note: chamber products are not included In repertoir the list -
classical romances of Russian and western composers, national
songs (Russian, Neapolitan, Ukrainian).

emusic.com