Vocalist.org archive

From:  TheSinatraGuy@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 28, 2003  12:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Sinatra singer suggestions

In a message dated 1/27/2003 2:35:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, Axwell@a...
writes:

> I don't like impersonators either. What's wrong with just being yourself ?
> You can only harm your own voice by copying someone elses. Sing the same
> songs as Sinatra if you want, but sing them your own way with your own
> (uncopying) natural sound. Think about the lyrics and what they mean to
> you.

I understand what you are saying, but my natural voice is very very very
close to my natural singing voice. I didn't want to be a parrot of Sinatra,
but I have learned his brilliant phrasing and syncopation, and I can
parrot his best recordings. Then again, people judge impersonators
by how close they are to the real thing. I am about as close as you
can get, and I enjoy keeping his music alive. Moreover, I am turning
many people on to his music. People come up to me all the time
and say they bought their first Sinatra CD after listening to me.

Steve

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22199 Re: Sinatra singer suggestionsJohn Linkjohnlink010254 Tue  1/28/2003
emusic.com