Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Jan 27, 2003  9:02 pm
Subject:  OT: Final week of Isadora...No Apologies

Dear vocalisters,

There will be just five more performances of Isadora...no apologies,
which has had a very successful first week on 42nd Street in New
York. I'm very proud of Lori Belilove (my fiancée) for putting
together such a great show, and I hope that you will see it.

Lori Belilove, the world's leading interpreter of the dance of
Isadora Duncan, performs dances from the Duncan's repertoire in this
new dance-theater production that tells the story of the life, dance,
and vision of America's dance icon Isadora Duncan, the mother of
modern dance. Hope Garland performs the role of the speaking Isadora
and Daryl Boling plays Isadora's lovers.

Jack Anderson, in his New York Times review of Isadora...no
apologies, wrote the following:

Duncan seems as bewitching as ever...

Belilove, a Duncan authority, makes this great choreography seem
eternally fresh.

[Belilove's] surges of movement in the "Blue Danube" waltz were
irresistibly joyous. Her "Dance of the Furies" grew ever wilder. In
"Les Funerailles," she turned wide stretches of her arms into
gestural equivalents of tragic cries of woe. And in "Revolutionary"
her struggles to stand symbolized attempts to cast off shackles.

Duncan cast off many social and artistic shackles during her life,
and "Isadora...no apologies" gives glimpses of how she went about it.

Read Jack Anderson's full review in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/27/arts/dance/27APOL.html

The remaining performances of Isadora...no apologies are this
Wednesday through Saturday at 8:00 and next Sunday at 2:00.

Tickets ($25) are available online:
https://www.telecharge.com/teletarget.asp?Event=ADUKID&Modifier=001&Source=O51

....or by calling Telecharge at (212)239-6200.

For more information:
http://www.isadoraduncan.org/show1.html

See you at the Duke,
John Link