Vocalist.org archive

From:  James <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Jan 27, 2003  2:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:"messa di voce"

At 04:26 AM 26/01/03 -0800, you wrote:

>Dear James & Colin,
>AGREED! My violinist friends can bow away for hours without lifting that
bow, which, regretfully, singers aren't able to do in exactly the same way.
>Colin, the chicken OF COURSE came first! Frances Alda's autobiography
was titled "Men, Women and Tenors". I rest my case!
>Ed

Oh Edward...stop being a chicken and come straight out and tell
us you agree that all the angels in heaven will be tenors. :)

Seriously though, messa di voce is easy even for tenors once the noble
position is combined with the proper epigastric support, Bjorlings
delightfully curled lip, and relaxation of the belly. Just my experience.

Reg.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22175 Re: "messa di voce"Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Mon  1/27/2003
emusic.com