Vocalist.org archive

From:  "katherine94040 <modulate58@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 26, 2003  6:36 pm
Subject:  RE: The Language of singing

>We choose "head voice" and
>"chest voice" over fibre optic views of vocal fold oscillation and
>the opportunity to discover vocal fold function.

I agree with you, as you can imagine, that we need to get more real
about vocal function, but how do I tell my students to watch their
vocal fold oscillation?

Verbiage in singing is ridiculous and I would be very much in favor
of standardizing it, but first we would all have to believe the same
things, witness the recent discussion on head voice and falsetto.

Keep talking, Mr. Hanson.This is interesting to me.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22170 Re: The Language of singingLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Sun  1/26/2003
22172 Re: The Language of singingmjmoody2000 <mjmoody@c...>mjmoody2000 Sun  1/26/2003
22177 Re: The Language of singinglestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  1/27/2003
22171 Re: The Language of singingGWendel Yeegwyee2redshift Sun  1/26/2003
22178 Re: The Language of singinglestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  1/27/2003
22185 Re: The Language of singingkatherine94040 <modulate58@a...>katherine94040 Mon  1/27/2003
22186 Re: The Language of singingClark_Diane  Mon  1/27/2003
22193 Re: The Language of singingAxwell@a...  Mon  1/27/2003
22236 Re: The Language of singingSandra Charkerscharker Wed  1/29/2003
emusic.com