Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael <chosdad@y...
Date:  Tue Jan 21, 2003  11:02 pm
Subject:  Titze, was Re: The Coordinated Falsetto Between Chest and Head

Dear List:

Here is a set of interesting articles by Ingo Titze:

http://www.ncvs.org/singers/colmenu.html

I particularly found the article on choral singing "The Physiological
Absurdity of Choral Arrangements" interesting:

http://www.ncvs.org/singers/phys_abs.pdf

Titze explains that the difference between male and female voices is
closer to the difference between a violin and a viola - (a fifth
apart), and with the vibrating length of the male vocal folds on
average about 60% greater in males (sorry for my incorrect previous
number of 40%).

Cheers,

Michael Gordon

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22113 Swedish translation requestSally Collyer  Thu  1/23/2003
22114 Re: Swedish translation requestMichael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Thu  1/23/2003
22115 Re: Swedish translation requestSally Collyer  Thu  1/23/2003
22174 Re: Titze, was Re: The Coordinated Falsetto Between Chest and HeadJamestranquil2404 Mon  1/27/2003
22209 Titze, was Re: The Coordinated Falsetto Between Chest and Headmjmoody2000 <mjmoody@c...>mjmoody2000 Tue  1/28/2003
22210 Re: Titze, was Re: The Coordinated Falsetto Between Chest and HeadJamestranquil2404 Tue  1/28/2003
emusic.com