Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 21, 2003  9:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Just curious question....

Justin, I think we'd all agree that not only does smoking cause lung cancer and
other lung damage, but it also kills the membranes in your throat that protect
you from bacteria entering the body through the mouth (causing one to be more
susceptable to illness) and the heat of the smoke dries out the vocal folds.
That being said, I think (wait, I know!) there are people out there with chords
of steel who can do just about anything to their voices and still come out with
a great product whereas there are many singers who it seems get things like
nodes with little to no vocal abuse. I guess maybe its just the luck of the
draw?
Mandi

emusic.com