Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael <chosdad@y...
Date:  Tue Jan 21, 2003  7:47 pm
Subject:  Re: Cornelius Reid teaching ( Was Head voice from falsetto)

Katherine:

I appreciate your participation in the discussion.

I am disappointed that you chose not to respond to nor address my
comments that were taken with direct quotes and references to charts
etc. from his "Bel Canto Principles..." book.

If you do not wish to participate further in the discussion, that is
your right and our loss.

However, it would certainly be more interesting for you to
acknowledge and respond to the points I have raised - namely that
Reid has inconsistent usage, and in the places I identified and
referenced, "pure falsetto" coordinates with "chest" NOT to
form "head voice" but to form the "feigned voice", and the "head
voice" is identified as "pure falsetto". I gave exact pages and
quotes - it would be most useful for you to respond to what I quoted
rather than quoting a different book and different sections.

Best wishes,

Michael
--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, "katherine94040
<modulate58@a...>" <modulate58@a...> wrote:
> I am going to try one more time and then I will give up and let
> you say whatever you wish to say unimpeded.

emusic.com