Vocalist.org archive

From:  "tragic1980 <tragic1980@y...
Date:  Thu Jan 16, 2003  10:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Advice needed

> d) Finally, as far as the comment about "rock" (not quoted) - well
> I'm still not sure what "rock" means - heavy metal? rock and roll?
> pop? etc. but some of the "rock" material I am familiar with has
nice
> melodies etc. In addition, many of these "rock" songs are
originally
> in a high key, and some of the male "rock" singers are very high
> light tenors, so I imagine that attempting to sing well in such a
> high range poses a considerable challenge.

Ok, Rock does have different styles, theres 80's rock, heavy metal,
speed metal, new rock, soft rock etc... I can sing it all, at least I
know I have the potential to sing it all. But to give you a better
idea on what rock im talking about I will put a list of artists and
songs for whoever is interested in downloading them and listening to
how they sing. Keep in mind these are songs I do sing to the best of
my untrained capabilities (either to myself or kareoke} and I do
pretty good (so I'm told). ok here goes

Artist/Song(s)
Sevendust - Trust, Live Again
Linkin Park - Pushing me away
Soil - Unreal, Two Skins (I do really good with these)
Adema - Giving in
Tonic - If you can only see (another I'm really good at)
Saliva - Click, Click, Boom

I can go on and on, but these should be enough, oh yeah for really
heavy rock that I can also do check out Static X - Black and White

Let me know what you guys think, and yes I know I can and probably am
destroying my voice, but it is my passion, so please offer advice
rather than ridicule.

Paul
Paul

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22004 Re: Advice neededJamestranquil2404 Thu  1/16/2003
22008 Re: Advice neededtragic1980 <tragic1980@y...>tragic1980 Thu  1/16/2003
emusic.com