Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 14, 2003  2:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Elementary School Vocal Instruction

In a message dated 1/14/2003 1:25:08 AM Central Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> Randy:
>
> Because this is not the normal range of the child's voice. If one
> listens to children as they play and if they are without the knowing
> presence of adults, this is the range of both their singing and play
> voices. It is also the normal phonational range of the young
> children's vocal folds.

Well, if it is too low for an individual voice, it's too low, but if a child
can do it comfortably why discourage it. I guess this the problem inheret
with any type of "class voice" setting. Blanket rules are applied to
individuals who may have different needs or talents than a rote method
addresses.

I'm not clear what you mean by "play voice".

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21899 Re: Elementary School Vocal InstructionLeslie Christopher  Tue  1/14/2003
21903 Re: Elementary School Vocal InstructionLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Tue  1/14/2003
emusic.com