Vocalist.org archive

From:  livinnlovinit@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 9, 2003  2:35 am
Subject:  Voice Trouble

As I grew up I always thought of myself as an alto. I did not have a high
voice and could not reach much higher than a C above middle C. When I came
to highschool my musical theatre teacher insisted that I was a soprano. Now
I can reach as high as a B above high C. The thing is, though, that it seems
as if I have to change my voice almost to hit higher notes. My voice is
softer at lower notes and very sharp at higher notes. In one song where I
must jump from a B to an F is sounds almost as if my voice changes. No one
has mentioned that it sounds strange but I can hear it in my voice. Is this
normal? I also have trouble controlling my voice in a higher range.
Sometimes it will crack or break. Is there ways to work on this and fix it?
I also find it much easier to hit just one high note and I can hold a single
high note for quite a while, but my voice doesnt do so well when I must sing
an entire melody in a high range. Are there ways I can work on this? Any
suggesstions or comments are much appreciated.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21818 Re: Voice TroubleKaren Mercedessingwiththespirit Thu  1/9/2003
emusic.com