Vocalist.org archive

From:  Camila Ribeiro <c_ribeiro78@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 7, 2003  11:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Caro Mio Ben--original key

Yes, I know that the key in the "Italian Song..."
series does vary a lot when it comes to the voice that
Schimer was making the scores for. There are the key
transcriptions, but, if you look for the original
score written by Giuseppe Giordano, you'll find in
many places that the original one is A major, and
after there was the transcriptions to other keys to
make it possible for other singers to sing it. We must
remember that in that time, the A was lower than it
was today.
Let's do it this way, I'm writing an email to the
official web site of Giordani, and I believe they have
this information more accurate.
(http://www.conservatorio.net/storia/giordani/) When I
get the answer, I'll let you know, ok?