Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jan 6, 2003  4:36 am
Subject:  ot: michael vick rules!!!!

every so often, someone comes upon us that dazzles us with his/her
grace. while they may not be the most efficient or perfect, their
brilliance overshadows our usual criteria for judgment.

in opera, while there are many tenors who exhibit finer artistry than
jose carreras, none exhibited so much hope as the voice he posessed in his
20's. one might easily say that what we hope for, when inspired by such
potential, goes welll beyond what could ever come of it.

in all walks of life, we encounter those magic beings we imagine would
save the world. do they ever save the world? no! but, we imagine them
to be capable of it. and given that we are appreciative of our goals until
we meet them, isn't it clear that it is the striving for these goals that is
more important than actually reaching them?

seve ballesteros, jack kennedy, jose carreras or fritz wunderlich:
isn't it so obvious that what we appreciate is what we expect of them, rather
than what they ever will do?

not THAT drunk,
mike

emusic.com