Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Sun Jan 5, 2003  12:33 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Enrollment Drop After 9/11/01

Hi, Deanna!
The friend who presented me with this fully intended for me to put it up in my
choir room/office/studio and I realized that there would be serious stuff going
on if I did, so it hangs in my master bathroom!! I am on four internet
conversation pages. At first there are alot of questions (which have prompted
signing on) and alot of conversation. I haven't put a post on the last list in
months. I haven't put a post on the first list in YEARS! I'm on digest on the
other lists. This one serves such a useful function that I can't imagine it
dwindling down like the others have.
There was a CEO at the company I once did telemarketing for named Deanna. She
had breath that could peel wallpaper! One of my best friends was always talking
about this Deanna character that was a true witch. I realized they were one and
the same when it came to the description of the hallitosis! Fortunately, I've
only had to deal with one singer thru the years who came close to that. Don't
know what issues that Deanna had with her breath, but, while attempting to make
polite conversation at the photcopier, I did learn that her Mom was a fan of
Durbin. She got travel-sized bottles of Scope, TicTacs, Certs. NOTHING would
touch it! I found that, as a bass section leader, I could hand my singing
partner a Cert and get thru 45 minutes of fresh air in the rehearsal before it
would come back! He wasn't as bad as she was. I suspect dentures in her case.
Ed
EdgewoodVoiceStudio <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...> wrote:Hi Ed,
Thanks for the compliment on my name. I wish it was because my mom
liked Deanna Durbin but alas it was because too many other women were
naming their babies Denise in 1958, which was my mom's first choice, she
said...
What's weird about that name is that now I have a student name Deanna
who is a year younger and is a pianist and another adult student is the
pastor's wife of a little church down the street where I have my
recitals, and their pianist is also a Deanna! Of course I'm BARELY
competent at the piano, but I can sort of sing. I'm really enjoying
reading all your posts! You seem to be having lots of fun being a new
member of the list!
Oh, I wouldn't have the pig saying in my studio either... I'm such a
maniac, I believe I COULD make the pig sing, and like it!
Welcome!
Deanna

---

emusic.com