Vocalist.org archive

From:  James <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sat Jan 4, 2003  1:50 am
Subject:  The Original Three Tenors.

Dear vocalists,

This is the title of a 1999 programme which fairly
obviously features Caruso, Gigli and Bjorling.

If you've seen it you will know that it makes vocally
technical comparisons between each of the singers.
As a long standing fan of Bjorling I was not amazed to
hear how much better he was than the others.

Why? His transition from one note to the next was
instant and without any portamento. The other two
were uneven and irregular. This may not be the only
consideration when making such a comparison but
the observation makes me question very seriously
the advisability of singing in a choir while also trying
to develop and sustain, that which I heard from Bjorling.
So many times in choral singing I have been asked
to do exactly the opposite of this.

Any suggestions?

Regards Reg.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21757 Re: The Original Three Tenors.John Linkjohnlink010254 Sat  1/4/2003
21766 Re: The Original Three Tenors.Jamestranquil2404 Sun  1/5/2003
emusic.com