Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Fri Jan 3, 2003  5:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Breathing suggestions.

westernactor wrote:

> If anyone has any suggestions on breathing
> exercises I might be able to follow so that I can get the muscles
> and everything coordinated properly as to use air properly for...
> well, for whatever... I'd appreciate it.
>
> If you can't give me specific advice about how to do this,
> maybe is there any particular type of physician it would be
> beneficial for me to see?

Matthew,
This website might be of interest to you Optimal Breathing
<www.breathing.com> . There is lots of information here on healthy
breathing (there is also a lot of other "stuff" that might *not* be of
interest). Here in Canada, Respiratory Therapists work with patients who
have difficulty breathing. You might also consider a visit to a
Speech/Language Pathologist who specializes in professional voice users.
We have an excellent program here in British Columbia run by the Pacific
Voice Clinic <http://www.pvcrp.com> that offers a variety of workshops
for singers, actors and other professional voice users. Some of the
topics covered are resonance, onset, breathing, posture and vocal hygiene.
Good luck!
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com