Vocalist.org archive

From:  kapaulson@a...
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  8:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Repertoire Query

I'm going to break my list down into suggestions with coloratura (in terms of
runs) and without.

With:
Batti, Batti (Mozart)-- High Bb's in the runs
La Zingara (a Donizetti song)-- High A's, vivace, lots of coloratura,
perhaps too long and too much text.

Without:
La Pastorella delle Alpi (a Rosinni song)-- High G's, allegro, lots of
staccato markings, 2 verses.
Stizzoso, mio Stizzoso (Pergolesi, La Serva Padrona)-- High Ab's in the
version in Schirmer Anthology of Italian Song
La Zingara (a Verdi song)-- High A's, allegretto, perhaps too long and too
much text.
Malinconia, Ninfa gentile (a Bellini song)-- High A once, allegro agitato
Per pieta, bell'idol mio ( " )-- High Ab's, allegro agitato

That's all I can come up with for now. Hope it helps.

Karen Paulson

emusic.com