Vocalist.org archive

From:  "jaylinville <stu40185@w...
Date:  Wed Jan 1, 2003  2:26 am
Subject:  Feedback about Rep.

I am considering the following songs and collections to add to my
rep. Before buying, it would be great to get some feedback from
those who have sung/heard the pieces. Any sort of musical feedback
("lyrical song with good climax," "barnstormer of a piece with
difficult accompaniment," "horrible arrangements but good
translations") would be much appreciated. I realize that much of
this might be subjective, but I would appreciate as many opinions
as you are willing to give. I am a lyric baritone.

The Vocal Library _Anthology of Spanish Song_
Samuel Barber _10 Early Songs_
John Corigliano "Dodecaphonia"
John Corigliano "Figaro was Supposed to Return the Necklace"
(Beaumarchais' aria)
John Corigliano "They Wish They Could Kill Me" (Figaro's aria)
David Diamond "Let Nothing Disturb Thee"
David Diamond "On Death"
David Diamond "To Lucasta (On Going to Wars)"
_The Songs of John Duke_
Heitor Villa-Lobos "Modhina"
Gerald Finzi _Before and after Summer_
Gerald Finzi _Earth and Air and Rain_
John Harbison _Flashes and Illuminations_
John Harbison "I Remember Long Ago" (Nick's Aria)
Daniel Pinkham "Antiphons"

Thanks

Jameson Linville

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21688 Re: Feedback about Rep.Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Wed  1/1/2003
21689 Re: Feedback about Rep.David Grogan  Wed  1/1/2003
emusic.com