Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Mon Dec 30, 2002  7:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Repertoire Refresher???

Thank you to all for your suggestions!!

As soon as I started reading some of the suggestions, I thought, "Well,
duh.....why didn't I remember that?" Other suggestions I'm really looking
forward to exploring.

Probably the hardest part of my job is finding and suggesting repertoire for
my clients. Because I deal with so many voice types, across all types of
genre, keeping abreast of new music, remembering the old and standards, and
categorizing each of them is a huge burden. I'm setting up some spread-sheets
to feed all this information into for future reference............of course
finding recordings to listen to, accompaniments, etc, is a whole other
frustration.......

Again, everyone's suggestions are much appreciated!

Mary Beth Felker
The Voice Project.

PS. Love this signature line.....had forgotten all about, but really is the
essence of longevity and health for the vocalist. Thanks to Mark.....

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21682 Re: Repertoire Refresher???Lloyd W. Hanson lwh1 Mon  12/30/2002

emusic.com