Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  8:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Repertoire Query

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Tako Oda wrote:

> --- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, wrote:
> > I'm in search of Italian tunes (for teaching purposes) that are:
> > 1. higher (have a couple high B flats [As will also suffice]),
> > 2. up-tempo (Allegretto and faster),
> > 3. set to a small amount of text.
>
> I assume you mean soprano high B flats... How about "Bati, bati" from
> Don Giovanni?

The soprano certainly doesn't need high B flats for "Batti, batti". I've
sung the Zerlina part in that duet, and it wasn't high for me at all - I
don't think it gets higher than an F.

I suggest the person seeking the Soprano/Bass-Baritone duets take a look
at my two Mixed Voice duet pages for some possibilities:

OPERATIC:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/rep/opera2mix.html

OPERETTA, MUSICAL THEATRE, ZARZUELA, etc.:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/rep/theatre2mix.html

Karen Mercedes
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,
Der in den Zweigen wohnet;
Das Lied, das aus der Kehle dringt,
Ist Lohn, der reichlich lohnet.
-- J.W. von Goethe, WILHELM MEISTER

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2172 Re: Repertoire Query Tako Oda   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB

emusic.com