Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Fri Dec 27, 2002  5:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Elimination BEST Software or Hardware?

I just purchased the Marantz PSD 300 recording system. It has both a CDR-W
hard-drive for recording onto CD's, and a CD player that is multi-functional.
Some of the most useful functions for my studio are the voice reducer, pitch
changer, tempo changer and the ability to multi-track my voice, the students
voice, my piano, and the CD player at the same time. All of the effects are
digital, so that changing the pitch doesn't effect the quality of the
accompaniment.

Plus, this nifty little system is about the size of a placemat and is
completely portable. My students love it because I can track all of their
exercises and songs separately, so that they are not endlessly searching for
the correct scale or comment. It also comes with a foot pedal that allows me
to pause and play the recorder without having to take my hands off of the
keyboard.

Although, it was a chunk of change up front, ($825 at Riksmusic.com) I have
not found anything as comparable to it in quality or portability to it, on
the market. This is a great product for anyone needing a tax write-off for
their business before the end of the year! LOL