Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anthony Howden <antnee1027@y...>
Date:  Mon Dec 16, 2002  1:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Two Chest Voices, wasChest to Mix - OOPS

Hi Mary Beth and all...
John made this statement...
Within the mechanism that most easily creates a "light, soft" sound
it is possible to focus the tone in such a way that qualities of the
other mechanism appear to be added to the tone - yet the singer
senses no "switch" to the other mechanism. On the other hand, it is
also possible to make the other mechanism that generally creates a
loud, heavy sound to sing tones that are soft and light, yet the
singer senses no "switch" to the other mechanism. I think it is
preferable to use the first scenario that I mentioned in this
paragraph rather than the second.

I just wanted to know is this what happens in speech level singing? Or what
happens after one has mixed his or her's voice?

emusic.com