Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Dec 14, 2002  2:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Two Chest Voices, wasChest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notes

In a message dated 12/13/2002 5:56:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mjmoody@c... writes:

> Riggs often states that the lower notes are "easy." This is my main
> problem with his philosophy - yet I am glad he acknowledges and has
> made a great many people aware of the vocal registers. I think the
> low notes are the hardest to sing with a mixture of registers
> because the headvoice usually doesn't exist down low. The headvoice
> muscles are "weaker" than the chest voice muscles hence they need to
> be "exercised" more. When one "switches" to chestvoice they have
> totally stopped exercising the headvoice, plus they are making the
> dominance of the chestvoice more prominent. At least keeping the
> volume at a "speech" level may help in not driving out the headvoice
> entirely.

i have to say, i don't understand your thinking here, as well some
others that might agree with you. low notes are the easiest until they get
lower than where one speaks. it is the same machine. if you think low
notes are harder than talking low then, the way you are singing is worse than
the way you are talking.

is it that you are afraid that if you get out of a 'mix', you won't
remember where you put it? (why not leave a trail of breadcrumbs?) i
don't get it.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21474 Two Chest Voices, wasChest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notesmjmoody2000 <mjmoody@c...> mjmoody2000 Sat  12/14/2002