Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Thu Dec 12, 2002  9:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Trouble singing slow songs

Try this.

Practice singing the phrase staccato, dividing the word into little bounces
(note ... not from your throat, but supported):

ro-o-o-o-und yo-on-vi-i-i-ir-gi-in mo-o-o-ther a-and- chi-i-i-i-ild
ho-o-o-o-ly-y- i-i-infant so-o- te-e-en-der a-and-mi-i-i-ild

Be aware of how open your lower ribs remain during that exercise. Now sing it
as written, and try to maintain the same level of openness.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"