Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Wed Dec 11, 2002  7:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notes

GWendel--
>> Hmmm...letsee. It varies a slightly depending on whether I'm singing with
>> Camerata (when I can bring my mix down to about Ab below middle C), or in
>> church (where B-Bb below middle C is about it). My passagio, depending on
>> how much sleep I've gotten, seems to be between C#4-G4.

Randy--
>Bringing down mix that low in the male voice is very unheard of especially in
>a tenor... usually C#4-d4 is where pure chest would begin.

Randy,

I have been trying to widen my mixed voice as much as possible, largely for
reasons alluded to in the other posts. Similarly, I seem to stay in mix up
through Ab4, and sometimes to Bb. Admittedly, the mix below my lower break
is mostly chest with just a sense of head voice. Perhaps it's just a mental
thing, but even in those lower notes, I still have a sense of "mix". Or
perhaps, as Michael <chosdad> has suggested, I am creating more problems for
myself?

GWendel, tenor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21425 Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesMichael <chosdad@y...> chosdad Wed  12/11/2002