Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael <chosdad@y...>
Date:  Tue Dec 10, 2002  11:12 pm
Subject:  Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notes

Dear GWendel and List:

Our good friend and occasional list doctor GWendel has difficulty
singing in his church choir since:

a) There often isn't a tenor part, and

b) The tenor part is written low.

The issue seems to be resolved (?) that if GWendel is not standing
right next to the basses and baritones he can feel more comfortable
with his tenor color and not try to push on the lower notes.

Along the way there was some discussion about mix voice and chest
voice, with GWendel saying that he tries to remain in the mix and
cannot do so if the part is too low.

So - I am curious, GWendel - how low do you try to sing in "mix"?

Cheers,

Michael

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21418 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesGWendel Yee gwyee2redshift Wed  12/11/2002
21419 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notesbuzzcen@a... buzzcen2000 Wed  12/11/2002
21424 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesGWendel Yee gwyee2redshift Wed  12/11/2002
21425 Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesMichael <chosdad@y...> chosdad Wed  12/11/2002
21426 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesGreypins@a... greypins Wed  12/11/2002
21436 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesDomisosing@a...   Wed  12/11/2002
21437 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low Notesgwyee@r... gwyee2redshift Wed  12/11/2002
21438 Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesMichael <chosdad@y...> chosdad Thu  12/12/2002
21439 Re: Chest to Mix, was Re: Too Many Low NotesGWendel Yee gwyee2redshift Thu  12/12/2002

emusic.com