Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anthony Howden <antnee1027@y...>
Date:  Tue Dec 10, 2002  5:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: GIVE ME A BREAK WAS:SOME EXERCISES PLEASE!HELP!

good point...lol
Andrea <ipiggy7@y...> wrote:De-Lurking for this:

and let me start by saying I'm no fan of Direpurple or
anyone in particular I stay on this list because I'm a
singer and occasionally someone has a helpful suggestion.

I don't understand:

Direpurple writes that he wants help with a hangnail or
whatever and that he doesn't want to get a teacher.
So the choices people have would be not to respond, to
tell him it's too complicated via email - which some have
stated, or to send him to any online source which someone
also eventually did, but not without flogging him first.
Why discuss with him ad nauseum about whether or not he
should get a teacher if he's unwilling to do that?
Is having a teacher a pre-requisite for
posting to this list, or asking a question?
Then it should be stated in the welcome message.
So had he lied and said he had a teacher y'all would have welcomed him
with open arms and been full of suggestions (if only
to point him to a new teacher).....sigh

-Andrea

=====
"Every time you lick my hand, my heart begins to kick" - Babylon A.D.

emusic.com