Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Mon Dec 9, 2002  3:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Too many low notes?

GWendel wrote:

>Now that I think about it, I remember one lesson with my teacher some years
>ago. He had me sing a low note passage of some aria "...and try to sound as
>baritonal as you can possibly manage..." Afterwards, he said "Good, now
>don't ever sing that way again!" Reminds me of some of your methods, John.

I would also ask a student to sound as much like each of the voices
as possible (including sounding like his or her own) and then to stop
doing all of that nonsense and just sing. I would expect a student to
then sing in a more authentic way.

John Link

http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs: