Vocalist.org archive

From:  Beth Schuman <bschu@p...>
Date:  Mon Jun 5, 2000  3:11 am
Subject:  crossing over

I was channel surfing and caught a glimpse of Jeffrey Wells singing a
concert. I quickly backtracked on the remote control and saw that it was
indeed Jeffrey Wells singing on a Christian ministry program called Hour of
Power. I didn't realize he also sang this type of music. He even has a CD
called "Then Sing My Soul."

This leads me to wonder about other opera singers who have crossed over and
recorded CDs of other types of music. I guess I have never really paid
attention to this aspect before, as my main interest is opera, lieder, and
choral music.. so I can only think of a few:

Kathleen Battle recorded a song with Janet Jackson.

I know Domingo has recorded many Spanish/Latin songs as well as English
language songs from the standard repertoire (meaning classic songs, show
tunes, Broadway numbers, hymns, etc.).

Kiri recorded Maori songs.

Upshaw sings classics and music theatre tunes.

Who else? And what do you think of them? And another question, who would
you LIKE to hear sing a different type of song?

Thanks. Beth

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2136 Re: crossing over Fiona Chow   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2137 Re: crossing over Mezzoid@a...   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2138 Re: crossing over Tracey Jones   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2139 Re: crossing over Mezzoid@a...   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2141 Re: crossing over LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2142 Re: crossing over LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2145 Re: crossing over Melanie   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2152 Re: crossing over LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB
2154 Re: crossing over Lisa M Olson   Mon  6/5/2000   2 KB

emusic.com