Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Sun Dec 8, 2002  5:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Too many low notes?

Great idea, Karen. Thanks. Sometimes, in frustration when the score is SAB
I, along with a woman tenor, will sing the alto part. Unfortunately, the
church music doesn't ever have an alto-2 line. We also have a pretty good
alto section, already. And I wonder if there are techniques to allow a
higher voice to sing predominantly chest voice without tiring?

At 07:26 PM 12/7/02 -0500, Karen Mercedes wrote:
>You know, there's often a problem in choirs finding enough women to sing
>the second alto line. I've heard of altos "fleshing out" the tenor
>section. Why not a crossover in the other direction?

GWendel, tenor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21350 Re: Too many low notes?John Link johnlink010254 Sun  12/8/2002

emusic.com