Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sharon Szymanski" <szy@n...>
Date:  Thu Dec 5, 2002  5:16 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

Lloyd,
I can't tell you how much I value your thoughtful and well-expressed
posts to this list. And their timing seems to come along just when I am
longing for the voice of reason! Your common sense and experience is
vast,
and I also very much appreciate the more scientific and physiological
bent of your explanations since I have the sort of brain in which
anything remotely resembling science or math slip in and out as though
they were coated in motor oil! You really help me marry the instinctive
and experiential truths that I have discovered in my years of singing
and teaching with the anatomical and acoustic concepts I have read about
but not fully grasped.

Many thanks,
Sharon Szymanski

emusic.com