Vocalist.org archive

From:  James <bandb@n...>
Date:  Wed Dec 4, 2002  11:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

At 06:01 PM 4/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/4/2002 3:51:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>dgrogan@e... writes:
>

>to david,
>
> simple logic will tell you that if they think the lowering of a
larynx
>is dependent on a large amount of air, it follows that, as the air is
>released, the larynx will rise.

If the support is effective, in that it enables the singer to sing on the
"feeling of inspiration", the phrase will be complete well before there
is any tendency for the larynx to rise.

Once again we have the conflict of some attempting
to control the body by manipulating inaccessible activities rather than
dealing with that which can be controlled from with-out;
The support, the sound and the relaxation.

Reg.

emusic.com