Vocalist.org archive

From:  kriswrite@a...
Date:  Wed Dec 4, 2002  4:36 pm
Subject:  Re: woodwind instruments

Interesting discussion!

I recall when I first took up the oboe, after already having played the
clarinet for a number of years. My voice teacher had a tizzy fit and told me
I was going to ruin my singing voice by playing the new instrument.
Fortunately, though I was only in Jr. High, I was smart enough not to listen
to her. For years, I couldn't understand why anyone would think such a thing,
but this discussion brings to light some of the issues that MAY affect the
singer/wind player. Perhaps she thought I'd develop tension and breathing
problems!

Kristina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21241 Re: woodwind instrumentsChristine Thomas mezzoid Wed  12/4/2002

emusic.com