Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Wed Dec 4, 2002  4:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Grapes!

I've done that -- establish a scale of 1-10, 1 being virtually completely
closed, 10 being ridiculously open. Sing at both positions, and then find the
optimal space at which the sound is best (which will change depending on the
note). Then figure out approximately one number (totally arbitrary) she's
currently singing at...

I believe I got this from a NATS workshop with Robert Edwin at Minneapolis in
1997. Exploring extremes.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"