Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karena Aslanian <cantare@p...>
Date:  (Date Unavailable)
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] La Traviata Live on television

>Okay, is there ANY WAY for a San Francisco-area Californian with a cable
>TV connection and cable modem connection -- but no satellite dish -- to
>catch this performance?

From the Seattle Times:

PBS will air the opera in the United States, but it is still not known
whether it will be broadcast live because of
the time difference,
Andermann said.

So it may possibly be broadcast live here on PBS channel 9 or 10, even if
it may be in the middle of the night! There may also be a webcast from
one of those European stations, but I haven't had a chance to really
search and find out. You would have to have a really really fast
connection to be able to enjoy it that way.

emusic.com