Vocalist.org archive

From:  kriswrite@a...
Date:  Tue Dec 3, 2002  6:55 pm
Subject:  Re: Singer with heavy, dark, flat head voice

Thank you once again to everyone who replied.

Jean Marie, your insights were particularly helpful. I, too, was once a
clarinet player--but I'd been singing for many years before I picked up the
instrument, and never had any troubles separating the two breathing systems.
But, I suspected my student's clarinet playing might have something to do
with her issues when she found it easier to sit and sing.

How did you overcome the wide-open throat problem? ("One's throat has to
be open to a greater degree when playing clarinet, but if you tried to sing
that way, you'd get a back, throaty tone.")

Thanks again,
Kristina

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21220 Re: Singer with heavy, dark, flat head voiceAmanda Kelley mandasings Tue  12/3/2002
21403 Re: Singer with heavy, dark, flat head voiceAnthony Howden antnee1027 Tue  12/10/2002

emusic.com