Vocalist.org archive

From:  James <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sun Dec 1, 2002  11:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Consonants and breath flow

Bob.
I've never used an elastic form of the cummerbund
thought I know some of the ladies use this type. It
would be nice to hear their opinions on the advantage
or otherwise of using this form of brace. I have it on
good authority that Dame Joan Sutherland's back
brace included a certain degree of this vocal bracing.

Not that it involves we guys but she, <along with
some other ladies> also use a strapless bra stiffened
with bone but including elastic back panels to avoid
the stoop that support can bring.

So far I have found that when I connect with the
un-yielding belt my tone is very steady and my
dynamics very controlled and exciting.
Good luck. Reg.

:) Hey my spell checker wanted me to substitute
Superman for Sutherland!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
21199 Re: Consonants and breath flowsinger112001 singer112001 Mon  12/2/2002
21201 Re: Consonants and breath flowJames bandbau Mon  12/2/2002

emusic.com