Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Fri Nov 29, 2002  8:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Starting Teaching

The best way, IMO, is word of mouth. Posters won't hurt, but they don't do a
heck of a lot of good. I started with a few posters and an ad in the church
bulletin, and that got me 2 students. What really worked for me was an
affiliation with a local choral director and his wife, a voice teacher, whose
studio was full. She started referring people to me and they'd tell their
friends. Pretty soon, I was able to quit my part-time day job and open my own
studio.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"